Hey Hey! I’m still working on the living room/gallery wall. I’m feeling a little uninspired in this room. Decorating funk. It’s because I hate our sectional. *sigh* Ah well, we’ve all been there. Hate your furniture but no budget for a new one. Meh.
Anyway today I’m sharing a fun little trick I found for turning your TV into a work of Art. How cool is that?! This is just another awesome way to disguise your TV if it happens to be the focal point in a room through no decorating fault of your own 😉
It’s an App called Artkick and it is awesome. They’re not paying me to say that either, I just happened upon them when I was searching for ways to minimize the big black hole on our wall known as the TV. I’m sorry there are no photos of the artwork on my TV. I’m still working on my gallery wall and TV screens are terribly UN-photogenic! All the pictures came out awful. Try this out though and see for yourself!
I went through the process on my iPhone so I could screenshot the steps for you guys. It’s super simple. The results aren’t perfect since I’m AirPlaying the app to my Apply TV, but if you have Roku or Google Chromecast you are GOLDEN. Full screen photos. Mine will still have black space around the edges.
1. Search for “Artkick” in th App store or Google Play store.
2. Sign Up with your preferred method, I chose FB.
3. Once you are all signed up/in this screen with all of the options will pop up. There will be a little intro to get you started.
4. Click the little drop down menu in the upper right hand corner (the three stacked lines). Tap “Connect TV” then follow the prompts for registering your Tv/Internet connected device. If you have an Apple TV go to the bottom and tap “Connect and Apple TV”.
5. Drag up your iOS control center and click AirPlay > Apple TV > Mirroring
6. Go back to the main screen of the ArtKick app and choose your Artwork! The art will mirror to your TV. Invite friends over and be ready to IMPRESS 🙂 You can also import personal photos! So much potential! Themed quotes for parties, Christmas pictures, on and on. Yay! I love this App!