Don’t you just hate when you think a project is simple and then it turns into anything but? That’s what happened with these picture frames. I was all, “I’ll just quickly strip the finish off the wood and use gold acrylic paint to change the nickel finish. It’ll be a quick and easy makeover.” Famous last words! Remember this happened? You can read about it on my first Picture Frame Fail post 🙂
*sigh* Not so quick and easy when I woke up to this, huh? I had to get all of the gold off. In some spots that was really easy because it was peeling off in huge pieces. In other spots it was actually sticking and I used a wire brush to get it off. I tried sand paper but it wasn’t really working well.
It was not a fun process! That’s okay though, it’s all good now 🙂 I used Rustoleum Pure Gold spray paint next. I just taped off the wood so it wouldn’t get any over spray and went to town. It took about three light coats but didn’t take long at all. Much better!
These are going in the upstairs “hallway”. It’s a tiny hallway with a window and I’m in the process of giving it a little makeover. I’ll have more details of that on the blog next week so stay tuned. It involves black, white, wood and music 😉
I’m happy to have finished these, even though they were kind of a pain. The moral of this blog post is, don’t make my mistakes. Have a good day!!