Yesterday I left you with the unpainted DIY board and batten in our dining room. We used plywood for a lightweight material and then used liquid nails to attach it since we couldn’t nail into our weird walls. I may regret it someday but for now I LOVE it!
Here it is all painted out in Valspar off-the-shelf semi-glass white. IT was a lot of work to paint and with little kids around it took about 4 days to finish painting. I primed it and put on two coats of semi-gloss. I still need to put a coat of semi-gloss on the baseboards in here (and every other room in our house, ahem). Isn’t that such a tedious job? But it really does make a difference!
One my list of things to do in this room is:
– Refinish the counter height table to a more natural wood tone
– Possibly paint the chairs. What color?
– DIY an upholstered bench or maybe get 2 of these tufted chairs
– Replace the HIDEOUS, HORRIBLE, DISGUSTING chandelier (which I already have, just need to get on that)
– Choose/Buy a rug (I’ve got my fingers crossed for an awesome RugsUSA Memorial Day sale!)
– Put something on the walls. Have any ideas?
– Book Shelf that doubles as a bar cart. I’ve got my eye on this one
What do you think? Have any board and batten in your house? Any wall treatments you are in love with? Let me know, I’d love to hear about it!
Linking up to: