Hello Lovelies!! Now that the linen closet makeover is complete, I’ve been working on a budget bathroom makeover in our upstairs bathroom. If you’ve been following on Instagram you’ve probably already seen a lot of the changes I’ve made. Instagram followers get all the good sneak peeks and live happenings in our house so definitely head over there and follow if you aren’t already. This makeover needed to be SUPER budget friendly, coming in under $100. I thought I’d list the things I’m doing/have done so far so you can follow along. I also thought it a great time to show you where I get some of my inspiration with these other budget bathroom makeover.
This bathroom isn’t terrible. It has a couple great things going for it including a claw foot tub, classic floor tile and a really cool ceiling. However, on the list of things to do for this budget bathroom makeover are:
- Fix the cracks. Our house has settled a lot over the years since it was built in 1896. On the upper half of the walls is an unfortunate texture and on the lower half is faux subway tile panels. There were cracks running through both sections in some cases. The plaster was not loose though, so that means I can just fix the cracks with paintable caulk and not worry about them coming back later.
- Paint the walls! The top portion will be white and the lower will be a rich, moody green.
- Add a ledge and modern peg hooks on the two walls around the clawfoot tub.
- Change the glass globes on the two sconces. I’d love to change them entirely but that’s not in the budget!
- Organize and beautify the medicine cabinet!
- This Spring I will paint the radiator the same color as the wall. Can’t do that right now because we are using it to heat the bathroom.
Now that my to do list is out of the way are you ready for some serious budget bathroom makeovers?! Be sure to click through and read all of the lovely details about the diy projects and budget friendly ideas each person used.
Hope these spaces are inspiring you as much as they are inspiring me! I can’t wait to share the finished bathroom here later this month. In the mean time be sure to check out these other posts!