I don’t know about y’all, but my kiddos always have too much stuff! As two out of the three get older, they have a lot less. However, the 9 year old still has a lot of toys like stuffed animals, books, toys, trinkets, and so on. I thought it would be helpful to share some great ways I’ve found to help organize all of the kid stuff. Hopefully the following ideas will help you organize kids toys in their room easily and cheaply!
- Stuffed Animals – The bane of my existence! They’re bulky and I think they must breed overnight, haha!! Here’s a clever way to store some and free up floor space by hanging them! All you need a two supplies, so easy.
2. Art Supplies – When it comes to needing to organize kids toys, art supplies are usually at the top of the list! Markers, color pencils, crayons, construction paper, etc. Kids love to draw and that’s great, but the art supplies can get really out of control. Here’s a pretty neat way to organize kids art supplies. Use a rolling cart, genius idea to organize art supplies.
This ART CADDY is a pretty great idea too!!
3. Books – While I don’t think books fall under the “toys” category, I know most kids have books in their room that need a storage solution. I am so thankful my kiddo LOVES reading! But, the books do wind up on the floor, in the car, basically in every room of the house. So along with teaching her to clean up after herself we put in a couple of systems for keeping the books organized. This book ledge is one of our favorites!
This DIY Book Bin is also so smart!!
4. Toys! – Big, medium, little – they all need a home or else it turns into chaos and then looks like a toy store exploded INSIDE your house. This toy cubby is pretty amazing , it will help you organize kids toys quickly and easily!
You could also use store bought bins like these if you don’t want to build cubbies yourself!
5. Puzzles & Board Games – We love puzzles and board games but it’s really easy to lose small pieces. Here’s a easy way to organize kids puzzles and board games. This idea from Two Twenty One looks life changing!
I hope all of these ideas will help you organize your kids toys once and for all. My kiddos bedroom needs a lot of help so I’ll be implementing a lot of these soon!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest to find more ideas for organizing, DIY and Home Decor!